Saturday, October 2, 2010

Conventional Library

I am very concerned over the comment that my Language Learning Library is too conventional or even worse than a conventional language learning center.
I am having trouble in making my library not conventional and better than a conventional library. That is because I think that to learn a language, you need to have someone there because they have experience with the usage of the language.
What Chei-Wei said about allowing the user to input materials/content in the library is a nice idea because that is what my website is about. This would also reinforce my argument that the teacher/student relationship are intertwined and become one another.
But even if I add that into the library, there will always be a student-teacher relationship (one knows something that the other doesn't and would therefore have to teach). If that is so, then how can I make my spaces unconventional? I thought about this over and over and I can't think of any. I thought of some but that contradicts my belief that you need another person to interact with to learn a language.
Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment